The primary mission of the Curriculum Resources Center is to support preservice and in-service teacher education at Rhode Island College. To achieve this goal, the Center provides access to a diversified collection of current curriculum guides and instructional materials. The objective is to enable students and teachers to locate, review, and apply up-to-date materials in the development of lessons, instructional units, and curriculum guides.
Use of the Center
All educators working in and near Rhode Island, as well as graduate and undergraduate students at Rhode Island College, may use the Center facilities and borrow material from the collection. Selected materials are restricted to on-site use.
Tell us what you think
Your opinion counts! Did you find what you were looking for on this page? Do you have any suggestions for added content? Let us know, and help us make our LibGuides more useful to you.
Curriculum Resources Center Collection
The collection includes print, non-print and electronic resources used in American schools from pre-school through grade 12. The focus is on traditional and innovative methodologies, as reflected in guides and instructional material from local, state, and national sources. Particular emphasis is placed on resources related to teacher education programs at Rhode Island College. Most resources circulate for review, evaluation and classroom application.
- Children's Literature related to themes and topics in K-12 curriculum.
- Juvenile Collection (children's fiction)
- Young Adult fiction collection
- Curriculum guides which focus on classroom activities, lesson and unit plans, instructional resources, and other applied aspects of school curriculum.
- Textbooks in pupil and teacher's editions with supportive materials
- Kits (containing multi-media, DVDs and web based resources).
- Visual Aids (art prints, charts, diagrams, graphs, maps, photos, and study prints) for pre-school and K-12 classrooms
- Publication Catalogs from federal, state, and professional educational agencies and associations, and commercial text and media publishers.
Facilities & Services
Map of Resources
- Room 410 (Main Collection, Juvenile Literature, Multimedia Kits & Visual Files)
- Room 406 (Young Adult Literature and Study Area)
- PCs connected to the print release station on the 3rd Floor (Room 406)
- Access to Online Catalog (HELIN) (to find books, e-books, DVDs & CDs) reflects all Curriculum Resources Center material
- CD listening stations (Reserves, 3rd Floor)
- Access to electronic resources A-Z - available on campus and off-campus for RIC students, staff, and faculty
- Microform reader/copiers (3rd Floor)
- Photocopiers (4th and 3rd Floor)
- Color Photocopier (Reserves, 3rd Floor)
- Study Tables
- Video Viewing (4th Floor and Reserves, 3rd Floor)
- Wireless Internet Access
A variety of services are available to library users including:
- Circulation of resources (Circulation Desk on 3rd floor)
- Library instruction (see Reference Desk on 3rd floor) or call 456-8125
- Reference assistance (see Reference Desk on 3rd floor)
- Interlibrary loan (see Document Delivery on 3rd floor)