Monday to Wednesday: 8 am to 8 pm
Thursday & Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
LibAnswers Ask Us
You can ask a librarian questions in a number of different ways. Don't ever be afraid to ask a question; that is what we are here for. You can:
- Stop at the Reference Desk on the 3rd floor (main floor) of the library.
- Call the Reference Desk at 401-456-8125 during the hours the Library is open.
- Ask us any question about the library, its resources, services and activities. We will respond via email or text.
Via SMS: TXT your question
to (401) 309-0590 more info
About this Guide
This LibGuide is set up to help you locate material to research topics in art history. It is arranged in the most logical way to begin research, but you are free to consult the contents of each tab individually.
Art books owned by RIC are located on the 2nd floor of the Library, with call numbers starting with the letter N. You will, of course, find resources in other parts of the library.
For further help, please consult with the Reference Librarians, on the 3rd floor.
Your RIC ID is your library card throughout the HELIN system. You need to activate your card online or in person at the Circulation Desk before you can use it. You can get an ID at the Campus Card Office in the Student Union. You can use the card for:
- In-person borrowing
- HELIN Loan and In-Rhode Loan requests (average turn-around time is 3 to 5 working days)
- Access to digital library resources from off campus
- Borrow laptops and ipads from the Reserve area of the library
Dr. Susette Newberry and Dr. Natasha Seaman
I am very grateful to Dr.Susan Newberry of Cornell University for letting me borrow several tabs on Copyright, Images on the Web,and Multimedia from her excellent Images LibGuide. Thank you Susette! I would also like to thank Rhode Island College's Dr. Natasha Seaman for suggesting numerous web sites for images for this LibGuide. Thank you Natasha!
Cataloging & Digital Initiatives